Buy your pet products here

Chewy.com Logo

Saturday, July 5, 2014

MY TTM Failures Part 3

I started collecting MLB autographs through the mail in 2010. I posted my stories on a content mill that is now shutting down. So in order to keep a record of my successes, it is time to move them to my blog. Here is what I published on Nov. 27, 2012.

The hobby of collecting baseball card autographs through the mail is filled with ups and downs with the downs being when a card does not come back.
Some of the players I have sent cards to and received no response from are: Former Cincinnati Red Eric Davis.
I sent Davis a card on Oct. 4, 2010 to a charity address in Los Angeles, California.
The name of the organization is Hitting From the Heart.
I sent the request their after seeing success posted on www.fanmail.biz.
Well after two years I think its safe to assume my request is a failure.
A check of sportscardforum.com shows no success for anyone at any address, so it seems TTM autograph collectors should not waste their stamps on Eric Davis.
Randy Milligan is also a no response. The former major leaguer is a scout with the Baltimore Orioles which is where I sent the card on Oct. 25, 2010. Over two years and counting and no response. Two people have recorded attempts at his home address. One reports success and one reports failure. Probably not worth a second try.
Former Kansas City Royal Danny Tartabull is also on my failure list.
I mailed Tartabull on Nov. 2, 2010 at an address in California and no response is the result.
However, the address I got must have been bad because there is a lot of success recorded at another California address.
So Tartabull is going on the try again list.
Former St. Louis  Cardinal Joe Magrane is a no response at this time.
I sent a card to Magrane on Nov. 8, 2010 and so far no response. There is no success posted for Magrane so no second try will be attempted.
It saddens me when I get no response from the Atlanta Braves, but no response is the result of a request sent to Braves pitching coach Roger McDowell.
I mailed a card to McDowell on Nov. 8, 2010, so far nothing. However maybe my card got lost in the mail, because many success are recorded for McDowell so a second try is warranted.
Rick Aguilera is also on my failure list. I mailed a card to a Cailfornia address on Nov. 8, 2010 and no response is the result. There is no success posted for Aguilera so no second try here.
The cards that do not come back via return to sender, it does make one wonder what becomes of them. Do the players keep them or are they lost in the mail? I guess only the cards know the answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment