Buy your pet products here

Chewy.com Logo

Saturday, July 5, 2014

Classic TTM Success: Cris Carpenter













I started collecting MLB autographs through the mail in 2010. I posted my stories on a content mill that is now shutting down. So in order to keep a record of my successes, it is time to move them to my blog. Here is what I published on March 14, 2011.




Former St. Louis  pitcher Cris Carpenter and current Gainesville High School social studies teacher has responded to a through the mail autograph request in nine days.
Carpenter pitched for the Cardinals 1988 through 1992 before going on to pitch for the Flordia Marlins, Texas Rangers  and Milwaukee Brewers.
Carpenter is often confused with the current Cardinal pitcher Chris Carpenter  who joined the team in 2003 and is signed through 2013.
There is also a Chris Carpenter who debuted with the Chicago Cubs  and now pitches with the Boston Red Sox.
The Cris Carpenter, who signed my 1992 Topps card, had an eight year career in the majors.
He pitched in 291 games, striking out 252 and completing one game.
Carpenter made 30 plate appearances and managed eight hits and two runs scored.
Although his career numbers may not be memorable, the fact that he is signing cards through the mail is making many fans happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment