Buy your pet products here

Chewy.com Logo

Saturday, July 5, 2014

Classic TTM Success: Glenn Hubbard

I started collecting MLB autographs through the mail in 2010. I posted my stories on a content mill that is now shutting down. So in order to keep a record of my successes, it is time to move them to my blog. Here is what I published on Nov. 19, 2012.



Former Atlanta Braves
econd baseman Glenn Hubbard is my latest through the mail autograph success.

Hubbard is one of my all-time favorite Braves.
I sent Hubbard two cards, one of him in Braves blue with former Braves shortstop Rafael Ramirez and one of him in Oakland As green.
Its only the second time I have sent more than card at a time, as I do not want to come across as pushy.
The former all-star second baseman played with the Braves back in the days with Dale Murphy and Bob Horner.
In 1982, Hubbard and the Braves made it to the playoffs only to lose to the St. Louis Cardinals.
In 1989 Hubbard made it to the World Series with the Oakland As, but was not able to win a ring as the As lost to the Los Angeles Dodgers.
In 1999 the Braves hired Hubbard as first base coach. That job ended in 2010.
To baseball collectors, Hubbard is known for his 1984 Fleer card in which he his holding a large snake.
Many online articles can be found calling the card one of the best and one of the worst cards in card history.
Maybe I should have sent Hubbard that card and asked why he is holding the snake.
Glenn if you see this article, thank you for the autographs and send me a message explaining the snake card please.

No comments:

Post a Comment