Buy your pet products here

Chewy.com Logo

Saturday, July 5, 2014

Classic TTM Success: Carlton Fisk, Maybe Arrested While Mailing My Card

I started collecting MLB autographs through the mail in 2010. I posted my stories on a content mill that is now shutting down. So in order to keep a record of my successes, it is time to move them to my blog. Here is what I published on Oct. 25, 2012.





It seems Major League Hall of Fame catcher Carlton Fisk responded to my through the mail autograph request, and mailed my signed baseball card the same day he was found unconscious behind the wheel of his vehicle with an open bottle of vodka in a New Lennox, Ill, corn field.

USA Today reported the following out of the affidavit. 






Police report paramedics were called to the scene and Fisk was awakened. 
Fisk, agreed to go to the hospital but refused a blood alcohol test.

His car was impounded.
"Around 7:20 Monday night, (Oct. 22) we received a couple of calls about a vehicle in a field," Deputy Chief Bob Pawlisz told ESPNChicago.com . "When officers went over there, they found Mr. Fisk unconscious behind the wheel. He was transported to the local hospital and charged with a lane violation, driving under the influence and illegal transportation of alcohol. An open container of alcohol was found in the vehicle."
Fisk posted bond and was released after he was issued a citation. He is scheduled to appear in the Will County Courthouse on Nov. 29.
To get Fisk's autograph, a $40 donation is required which is given to the Cancer Support Center.

I choose to believe that my $40 went to the cancer support group and was not used to purchase the bottle of vodka.
The fact that my card is post marked the same day this incident occurred causes my imagination to run wild.
Did he sign a handful of cards, go drop them in a mailbox and then head to the liquor store?
Or did he sign cards while drinking then head to the mailbox?
Was my card signed by an intoxicated Carlton Fisk?

No comments:

Post a Comment