Buy your pet products here

Chewy.com Logo

Saturday, July 5, 2014

Classic TTM Success: Fernando Valenzuela

I started collecting MLB autographs through the mail in 2010. I posted my stories on a content mill that is now shutting down. So in order to keep a record of my successes, it is time to move them to my blog. Here is what I published on Spet. 8, 2012.


Former Los Angeles Dodger pitcher Fernando Valenzuela has responded to a through the mail autograph request in just 15 days.
The Dodger star of the 80s made his debut in 1980 and helped the Dodgers defeat the New York Yankees  in the 1981 World Series.
Valenzuela and the Dodgers returned to the playoffs in 1983 and 1985 only to be defeated by the Philadelphia Phillies  and St. Louis Cardinals.
In 1996 Valenzuela joined the San Diego Padres  and went to the National League Division Series.
The Padres were defeated by the Cardinals.
I remember when Valenzuela was the talk of baseball his rookie season.
In 1982 I purchased a pack of Fleer Baseball cards and pulled card number 636, the Valenzuela Strike Out King Card.
I thought I would be rich one day. Today, the card can be purchased on the Internet for $2.95.
Never the less, when I started this hobby, I doubted I could get a Valenzuela autograph, but I saw on fanmail.biz that Valenzuela was signing and took a chance, mailed the Dodgers, and received a great autograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment