Buy your pet products here

Chewy.com Logo

Sunday, February 26, 2017

Error Leads to Great Dave Stapleton Autograph


DAPHN, AL.— This is probably the best through the mail autograph success story I have yet.
It took former Boston Red Sox first baseman Dave Stapleton 1,167 days to return an autograph card.
It is the third longest wait I have had next to Bob Tewksbury, who took 2,104 days, 
http://mlbttmautographs.blogspot.com/2016/12/bob-tewksbury-responds-to-ttm-request.html
and GlenAllen Hill who took 1,285 days.
http://mlbttmautographs.blogspot.com/2014/09/a-1285-day-wait-for-glenallen-hill-ttm.html

There is an added twist to the story, a mistake that I made which resulted in this great return.
When I mailed Stapleton a card, I erroneously sent him a card of former Milwaukee pitcher Dave Stapleton.
Fan Pack Request PostcardI’m still stunned I made such a mistake as I always liked Boston’s Stapleton and his 1981 Donruss card was one of the first cards I remember adding to my collection.
I sent the Brewer’s card and a note wishing the pitcher happy holidays.
What I received back four years later is an autograph from Boston’s Stapleton and a note highlighting my error, signed by Boston’s Stapleton and citing that he played for Boston 1980-1986 #11.

I have since checked 
and realized that there isn’t an address for the former Brewer’s pitcher.

I hate the error I made but I love the result.
Thank you to Boston’s Dave Stapleton.
Looking for cards to buy visit
Also, visit www.thelamfoundation.org and become aware of a deadly lung disease striking out women called  Lymphangioleiomyomatosis, (LAM.) There is no cure and doctors are not sure what causes it.

The Largest Online Trading Card Marketplace

Baseball Football Basketball Golf Hockey Racing Soccer

No comments:

Post a Comment