Buy your pet products here

Chewy.com Logo

Saturday, July 5, 2014

Classic TTM Success: Andy Pettitte



I started collecting MLB autographs through the mail in 2010. I posted my stories on a content mill that is now shutting down. So in order to keep a record of my successes, it is time to move them to my blog. Here is what I published on Oct. 15, 2012.
It is thrilling to report a through the mail autograph success from New York Yankee pitcher Andy Pettitte.
The three-time All-Star has seen post-season action 14-times during his 17-year career and is currently a member of the Yankee squad battling the Detroit Tigers for the right to play in the 2012 World Series.
Being a longtime Atlanta Braves fan and an-anti-Yankee fan, I used to find it hard to appreciate Pettitte.
He was a member of the 1996 Yankee squad that defeated the Braves in the World Series.
In 1999, Pettitte and the Yankees beat the Braves a second time in the World Series.
In 2005, Pettitte and the Houston Astros  defeated the Braves in the National League Division Series. The Astros went on the beat the St. Louis Cardinals in the NLCS but lost to the Chicago White Sox in the World Series.
In recent years I learned to soften my dislike of the Yankees and their core players of Pettitte, Roger Clemens, Derek Jeter, Jorge Posada  and Mariano Rivera, and Pettitte became one of my top fantasy players.
Pettitte is the first TTM success I have had from the Yankee's address.
In my opinion Pettitte has to be called a class act. Any player that will take the time to answer fan mail while his team is competing in the playoffs must truly care about the fans.
So hats off to Pettitte.

No comments:

Post a Comment