Buy your pet products here

Chewy.com Logo

Saturday, July 5, 2014

Classic TTM Success: Willie Wilson

I started collecting MLB autographs through the mail in 2010. I posted my stories on a content mill that is now shutting down. So in order to keep a record of my successes, it is time to move them to my blog. Here is what I published on Aug. 20, 2012.




For those looking for a quick autograph response through the mail, send a request to former Kansas City Royal outfielder Willie Wilson.

Wilson, who also played for the Oakland As and Chicago Cubs, will oblige fans and signs sports memorabilia through the mail for a fee.
I sent Wilson $20 and a Topps 89 baseball card on Aug. 13 and the card arrived back in mailbox signed on Aug. 18.
The five day mail transaction is second only to former Philadelphia Phillie Kevin Gross Kevin Gross who responded to my autograph request in four days.
The fees sent to Wilson are recorded as a donation to the The Willie Wilson Baseball Foundation located in Kansas City, Mo.
The foundation focuses on assisting youth in learning the sport of baseball.
on the foundation's website Wilson has the following quote posted "I was fortunate enough to have baseball teach me the values relative to success. The sport gifted me with leadership and team building skills that translate in a relatable way in the world."
Wilson also sponsors a legends' game.
This year proceeds benefited spinal cord injuries and Project Walk of Kansas City.
Those that took part in the game included Danny Jackson, Dennis Leonard, Frank White, and Daryl Motley.
Wilson signed my card with a blue Sharpie and added the number six, which he wore with the Royals in 1978 through 1990.
Wilson played in the World Series with the Royals two times and played in the 1992 American League Championship game with the As.
Of the players that I have sent requests too that require a fee, Wilson's five day response is the quickest.
Andre Dawson was a 13 day wait; Jim Eisenreich was a 215 day wait and Nolan Ryan, 225 day wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment