Buy your pet products here

Chewy.com Logo

Monday, April 30, 2018

(RIP)Ken Howell Autograph Arrives After an Eight Year Wait

UPDATE —   Ken Howell died on Nov. 9, 2018, just seven months after signing my card.


LOS ANGELES, CA  — 
When I sent former Los Angeles Dodger pitcher Ken Howell a 1985 Topps card with a through the mail autograph request on Oct. 14, 2010,  I had just returned from Turner Field in Atlanta after watching the Braves take on the Philadelphia Phillies for a shot at playoff baseball.

Today, April 30, 2018, I opened the mail and the card was back home and signed. 






A lot has changed since I mailed this card.

During the eight years this card has been gone, I have endured two lung surgeries, the death of a parent, and watched the Braves open up their new ball park Sun Trust Field in April of 2017.

I also took up the sport of bowling and participated in three National Bowling Championships.

It took this card 2,755 days to come home. I had even included the mailing in my second ever list of failures and indicated there had been cases where Howell responded in two years.

So far this month I have received three cards that were mailed out over 600 days ago, Don Robinson, Dwayne Henry and Rick Wrona, 

A card from Juan Samuel also came back signed after 703 days.

Howell’s 2,755 day response out does Bob Tewksbury’s 2,104 day response.

They are the only two players who have taken over 2,000 days on my list.

Keith Lockhart’s TTM autograph came back this year after 1,436 day wait. 

GlenAllen Hill took 1,284 days.

Dave Stapleton’s autograph came back after 1,167 days and an error made by me.

Everyone else has been in the hundreds of days or way less.
Again, it seems TTM collectors should never give up.

For addresses visit 
http://www.sportscardforum.com/forum.php?referrerid=72224

Looking for cards to buy visit


Also check out Scentsy’s products and their MLB warmers at 
Also, visit www.thelamfoundation.org and become aware of a deadly lung disease striking out women called  Lymphangioleiomyomatosis, (LAM.)
There is no cure and doctors are not sure what causes it.





No comments:

Post a Comment