Buy your pet products here

Chewy.com Logo

Saturday, July 5, 2014

Classic TTM Success: Steve Garvey

I started collecting MLB autographs through the mail in 2010. I posted my stories on a content mill that is now shutting down. So in order to keep a record of my successes, it is time to move them to my blog. Here is what I published on Aug. 19, 2012.



Former Los Angeles Dodger and San Diego Padre Steve Garvey is now on my list of through the mail autograph successes. 
Garvey is both the slowest response and the second quickest player to respond to my request.

How is that possible you ask?
Well I first mailed a card to Garvey on Sept. 11, 2010 to a talent agency in Los Angeles.
The agency was listed as the place to mail autograph requests to Garvey and others.
Well two years later no response or return to sender.
Then I saw on http://www.fanmail.biz/ that Garvey was responding to autograph requests at his home address.
So on Aug. 8  
I sent a 1982 Donruss Diamond King card to Garvey explaining that I had mailed him at the agency two years ago and that there had been no response.

Six days later, or 702 days from my first attempt, I received my Diamond King back signed by "Mr. Clean."
Though I'm disappointed that there seems to be a card possibly sitting in a talent agency somewhere that may never make it back to me.
However, it is thrilling that Garvey is responding to fans through the mail.
For those not familiar with Garvey, he began his career with the Dodgers in 1969.
He played in four World Series with the Dodgers and one with the Padres.
He is a 10-time All Star and winner of four Gold Gloves.
Today Garvey is a motivational speaker and a member of the Baseball Assistance Team.

No comments:

Post a Comment