Monday, September 14, 2026

SGC submission returns home with five 10 GM cards



My SGC submission arrived back home today after a four month round trip to Florida. 



I sent the cards on May 7 and opted for the 30-40 day turnaround. (see story)


That option became 129 days, but I guess that is less than some companies. 



At one point during the wait, I went into slight panic mode after reading a story about postal employees stealing cards. I emailed SGC asking about the turnaround time and asked how much longer the wait would be.


Alex answered my email and told me to hang tight until September, and he was right.







This was my first time using SGC and other than the wait, I’m happy. 

I submitted 10 cards and five came back 10 Gem Mint. Three are 9s, and one 8 and one 7. I love the return box with the tuxedo suit on it. Nice touch.






I jumped into the grading craze last year after being negative about it for decades. (see story)


So far I have used Beckett, four times, Degree two times and now SGC.


I like them all. I know the flipper’s choice is PSA. But who wants to wait half of their life for cards to return. 


My preferred choice was Beckett until this weird error occurred and I couldn’t get an order to go through. When I reached out to customer service, they said to wait until they got it fixed. Well I didn’t wait. (see story)


Since I’m not in the game to become a millionaire, which would be nice one day, I'm leaning toward sticking with SGC and Degree. 

However, is named in the Top-3 graders in a lot of conversations so I don't think it is a bad choice.


I know Degree hasn’t made its mark on most collector’s yet but that is fine, because the name of the game should be “You do You.”


I did sell a Degree graded card for $29.95 last week. It was graded a 7 and I'm sure would have not been on the radar for even $5 in the flipper world. (see story)



I haven’t decided which of these cards I will post for sale, but when I do, watch for Slab em and Sell em posts here.


Until then “Ask what you want for a card, spend what you can and always get what you like and or collect.”


Graeter's Peppermint Ice Cream

No comments:

Post a Comment