Buy your pet products here

Chewy.com Logo

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

TTM Success: Jose Valentin


I'm happy to report that former Major League infielder Jose Valentin has responded to a through the mail autograph request in just 14 days.
Valentin is the first autograph I received back this year. 
I started the hobby of through the mail sports autographs in 2010. 
This is where the collector sends sports cards or other items to a sports stars requesting an autograph.
Some players ask for donations for a charity while others do it for free. 
From September 2010 through Nov. 19, 2011 I received back 60 responses, 14 return to senders, and 52 send offs with no returns of any sort. 
Valentin signed a 1998 Topps card for me. 
He debut with the Milwaukee Brewers in 1992 and went on to play for the Chicago White Sox, Los Angeles Dodgers, and the New York Mets. 
He made it to the post season with both the White Sox and Mets but never made it to the World Series. 
Today Valentin is the manager of the Fort Wayne Tincaps, the Class A minor league team of the San Diego  Padres. 
He is the second former major leaguer I have contacted at the Tin Caps and received an autograph from as former Colorado Rockie Willie Blair, the Tin Caps pitching coach, responded to me in 92 days back in 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment