Buy your pet products here

Chewy.com Logo

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Classic TTM Success: Lancaster, Sasser, Parker

I started collecting MLB autographs through the mail in 2010. I posted my stories on a content mill that is now shutting down. So in order to keep a record of my successes, it is time to move them to my blog. Here is what I published on May 7, 2013.






So you want to start a through the mail 
autograph baseball card collection? Well I suggest starting by sending requests to former big league pitcher Les Lancaster, former big league catcher Mackey Sasser and for a small fee former Pittsburgh Pirate MVP Dave Parker will sign a card for you.


Lancaster, a former pitcher for the Chicago Cubs, Detroit Tigers, and the St. Louis Cardinals, is now a pitching coach for the Lakewood Blue Claws, a Philadelphia Phillies minor league club. 
Lancaster won 41 games in his seven year career and pitched for the Cubs in the 1989 National League Championship game against the San Francisco Giants.
There are 32 baseball cards listed for Lancaster on http://www.vintagecardprices.com 
 I sent my card to the Alabama address and it was returned signed 55 days later from a Tampa Bay address.
Fans can also send requests to the Lakewood Claws, located in New Jersey.
Sasser returned my signed card in 159 days from his Alabama address, which can also be found on Sports Card Forum.
Sasser played most of his career with the New York Mets, but also played for the San Francisco Giants, Pittsburgh Pirates  and Seattle  Mariners. 
He made it the post season with the Mets in 1988. The Mets lost the game to the Los Angeles Dodgers.
Parker, known as "The Cobra" signed my 1990 Donruss card in just seven days for a $15 fee.
Parker began his career in 1971 with the Pirates.
He also played with the Cincinnati Reds, Oakland A's, Milwaukee Brewers, California Angels and the Toronto Blue Jays. 
He played in the post season with the Pirates in 1974, 75, 79 and the A's in 1988 and 1989.
Today Parker owns several Popeye Chicken restaurants and is eligible in 2014 for the Veterans Committee vote for the Hall of Fame.

No comments:

Post a Comment