The Fed Ex truck arrived and I thought I was receiving another item but then I looked at the box and saw what it was.
So the curiosity returned. Which two autographs was I going to find in the box?
Bombas HomepageNot going to lie, there have been some players on this year’s Braves roster that I have not been thrilled about. So I hoped that those autos did not make it into my box.
So the time came. I grabbed my box cutter left over from my Walmart days in 1993 and sliced opened the box.
Inside were two more boxes with the Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta logo on it.
So now I carefully opened those two boxes. Would a Ronald Acuna auto be revealed or a Martin Perez. Would a Drake Baldwin auto be revealed or Carlos Carrasco.
The first box I opened said Matt Olson! I was stunned and happy.
Now I will say I’m a Freddie Freeman fan and still miss Freddie, but to deal with that, I watch Dodger games. Yes that is painful to some Braves fans ears, but I have to have my dose of Freddie.
Regardless of your feelings about the infamous trade, if you are a Braves fan there has to be some part of you that likes Olson. It is fun to watch him blast homers into the ChopHouse! But also painful to see him strike out with the bases loaded.
But he is a Braves star and I'm happy I got his auto. Plus I got to make a Braves fan in Florida very jealous! Always fun!
The second box revealed a Tyler Kinley auto.
Kinley came to the Braves last year from the Colorado Rockies. He hasn’t won me over yet but he has pitched some good innings.
I will say his autograph is readable which is a rarity. So he gets an A from me in penmanship.
So that is two more autograph additions to my Braves collection.
A good day!



No comments:
Post a Comment