Buy your pet products here

Chewy.com Logo

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

TTM Success: Eisenreich, Suppan, Benes, Lieber and Peltier

Well it has taken me four months to add five more autographs to my through the mail autographed baseball card collection.

I won't go into the sorted details as to why the drought but I won't place the blame on the players or the mail service.
  Instead I will report on the five that have came through.

First up is retired outfielder Jim Eisenreich, who played for the Minnesota Twins, Kansas City Royals, Philadelphia Phillies, Florida Marlins, and the Los Angeles Dodgers.
Eisenreich suffers from Tourette Syndrome and I sent a $5 donation to the Jim Eisenreich Foundation for Children with Tourette's Syndrome, founded in 1996. It was a 215 day wait for the autograph but it arrived.
Next to arrive was an autographed card from big league pitcher Jeff Suppan.
Suppan played for the Boston Red Sox, Arizona Diamondbacks, Royals, Pittsburgh Pirates,  St. Louis Cardinals, and the Milwaukee Brewers. Suppan is most recently listed with the Royals which is the address he responded from in only 50 days.
Andy Benes came through with an autograph in just 18 days.
Benes pitched for the San Diego Padres, Seattle  Mariners, Cardinals, and Diamondbacks.
Another pitcher, Jon Lieber came through in 93 days.
Lieber played for the Pirates, Chicago Cubs, New York Yankees, and Philadelphia Phillies.
Dan Peltier responded in 170 days. Peltier played for the Texas Rangers, and San Francisco Giants.
So those are my latest success and if you read on, you will see those I have sent requests to.
Of those, the one that concerns me the most is the Nolan Ryan request.
I followed the instructions and sent a card and a check for $35 as a donation to the Nolan Ryan Foundation.
After several weeks the check was cashed. So far no card. However, I'm remaining positive that the card will come through.

No comments:

Post a Comment