Buy your pet products here

Chewy.com Logo

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Some Costly Autographs on The Way


Carlton Fisk is one of many signing for Creative Sports. My Fisk card was signed after I made a donation to his foundation.


When I started collecting through the mail autographs three years ago I was excited to see how many players and former players signed for free.

Slowly I stumbled upon those that charge such as Nolan Ryan.

For $35, Nolan Ryan will sign your card and a certificate of authorization will be place.

I also received a letter of thanks and a cash register receipt.

I have paid anywhere from $5 to $40 for an autograph until this month.

One day while researching the possibility of getting a Bob Gibson autograph, I found http://www.creativesportsent.com/

On this site I found Gibson and others are signing for a fee.

In some cases that fee is over $100.

I looked at names of players of signing and suddenly wished I made more then a newspaper reporter salary.

Players such as Gibson, Cal Ripken Jr., Carlton Fisk, Pete Rose, Johnny Bench and so many others are signing the first week of August.

Items must arrive at Creative Sports by July 24.

For the fee collectors get their item autographed, a COA and a picture of the player autographing the item.

After some intense debate, I made a dent in the bank account and wrote out some checks.

Creative Sports even gave me a call to let me know my items arrived.

They say by the second of week of August I will have autographs from Bob Gibson, Dave Justice, Johnny Bench, Ozzie Smith, Pete Rose, Reggie Jackson, Tommy LaSorda, and Tony Perez.

These will be awesome additions to my collection that will probably live in my fire box. Lands\' End Logo

1 comment:

  1. All of these guys are signing in Chicago at the National. www.nscc.com

    ReplyDelete