Buy your pet products here

Chewy.com Logo

Monday, July 2, 2018

Former Atlanta Braves Highlight my first MiLB game

Former Atlanta Brave Gregor Blanco bats with former
Brave Christian Bethancourt  behind the plate.
SACRAMENTO, Calif. - My first trip to a minor league baseball game occurred on June 9, 2018 in Sacramento, Cailf. as the Colorado Sky Sox defeated the Sacramento River Cats 7-2 at Raley Field.

The trip was unplanned and came as a surprise.
It was my first time visiting the state of California.


I’m not a huge fan of minor league baseball but I do think I have a new appreciation for it now.

The highlights for me was the fact that three former Atlanta Braves were on the field.
Christian Bethancourt was behind the plate for Colorado.
He went 1-for-4 with a double, RBI and a walk.
Playing for the hometown River Cats were former Braves Gregor Blanco and Chase d’Arnaud.

Blanco went 0-for-4 while d’Arnaud mimicked Bethancourt by going 1-for- 4 with a double and RBI.
Milwaukee Brewer Eric Thames was on the field that night for Colorado Springs.
I recognized him as a former Major Leaguer and the next week when I got home, he was back in the big leagues.
That night however he was in the minors and led the12 hit night for the Sky Sox with a home run, three RBI and three runs scored.
Seeing those players were the highlights for me but I’m sure some of the other players will make the big leagues too if they haven't already.

Other highlights of the experience included purchasing a set of River Cats’ baseball cards and a fireworks show that provided an awesome photo opportunity.

The downside, their Cracker Jacks were way over priced.
Highlights and box scores can be found at 



The Largest Online Trading Card Marketplace

Baseball Football Basketball Golf Hockey Racing Soccer

No comments:

Post a Comment