Buy your pet products here

Chewy.com Logo

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Players on my TTM Failure List

With success comes failures, not every card sent off returns with a glowing signature.

Some of the players remaining on my failure list include Wade Boggs, Mark Gardner, Greg Walker, Gary Gaetti, Armando Benitz and Tim Hudson.

On Feb. 7, 2011 I mailed Boggs at an address in Tampa Bay Florida and received no feed back. However, in checking my notes, I think I mailed it to an address six blocks down the road. So someone either got the card and trashed it, or took it down the street and gor it autographed for themselves. 
Either way fans on http://www.sportscardforum.com/forum.php?referrerid=72224 report success, so I will try again.
I mailed Gardner on Feb. 14, 2011 at the San Franciso Giants address after seeing success recorded. No success for me or others to report at this time.

On Feb. 24, 2011, I sent a card to Walker at the Chicago White Sox training camp and got no response.
Gaetti is also a no response. I mailed him at an address in Illinois on Feb. 24, 2011. This must have been another Gary Gaetti or a totally bad address because Gaetti has an A+ response rate from a Texas address. Another attempt will be made.

Benitz is a no response from the Newark Bears address. He signed a couple it seems and then after fans caught on sent cards, no more success reported.
Hudson is my last failure I will list today. I mailed Hudson at the Atlanta Braves address on March 21, 2011 with no luck to report. There is no success listed for Hudson on fan sites so he must be a no go. So what does he do with the cards?

Maybe one day down the line he will surprise fans and mail them all back.
It took 918 days to get Ray Fontenot’s card back so anything is possible.




No comments:

Post a Comment